17 August 2018
 

 
Medicine Faculty was founded in 1947 as the second faculty of Iran and the first faculty of Tabriz University.  With the development and expansion of Tabriz University encompassing various faculties and fields of study, the faculty of Medicine along with Pharmacy and Nursing and midwifery faculties branched off from Tabriz University following the Act of Islamic Parliament in 1985 and continued their mission in education, research and health promotion independently under the title of Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Treatment and Health Services.